Friday, April 27, 2012

Online Discipline


I read an interesting article today.  Apparently a thirteen year-old daughter lipped off at her mother.  The mother changed the daughter’s Facebook profile to show her with a red X over her mouth, and the following words on the screen:

"I do not know how to keep my (mouth shut). I am no longer allowed on Facebook or my phone. Please ask why. My mom says I have to answer everyone that asks."

Parents are not helpless in this new digital age.  The hard part isn’t keeping the controls on things like Facebook; it’s getting parents to do anything they fear might be confrontational or that would impinge on the self-esteem of their children.   


1 comment:

  1. lol, I remember once my mum rebuked me in front of my friends. It worked a charm and I was never rude to her again. I guess with digital media the 'friends' is a lot larger group.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...