Friday, November 27, 2020

Mostly Harmless at the Mall

Last Saturday I went to Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood, north of Seattle. I was shocked to find the restaurants still open in the food court, but with no place to sit down. All the tables had chairs stacked on top of them, with yellow tape sealing them off. Some metal tables and chairs were outside, but they were all taken.

So I sat down on a rock. This was not as arduous as it sounds; a number of large rocks are carved as horizontal monoliths so people can walk or sit on them. As I was eating, I noticed a seagull just sitting on the grass. It looked right at me as I took a picture.

It turned its head ever farther, as if deciding this human holding an object wasn’t a threat. Then it flew off. I don’t think it was cause and effect; I just happened to get a picture at almost the last second. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...