Saturday, February 29, 2020

Watch out for that Tree


Last Sunday I noticed that one of the tall trees on our church property looked like it had been split in two. It came to an abrupt end where fresh wood was showing. That part of the ground was blocked from my angle as I approached the building, but I could see the tips of some branches sticking up. I hoped it hadn’t hit the building.

Then from inside, it looked like this:


click to enlarge 

That wasn’t even the half of it. Did I mention it was a tall tree? It was mostly on the roof.

I was amused when a couple young girls ran up in the parking lot, then were stopped by the yellow tape on their side. Then I was told the tree had fallen just an hour before. If it had fallen sometime later, families would have been walking on that sidewalk to get to church.

If you can’t think of something to pray to be thankful for at a moment like that, something’s wrong.

I watched as men on the roof chainsawed off huge chunks and threw branches down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...