Saturday, March 31, 2012

WARN: THERE IS ANOTHER MURATA

In the movie Colossus: The Forbin Project, a massive supercomputer is put in charge of all of America’s nuclear missiles.  I remember the dramatic moment when the computer, on its own, displays these words on its screen: 

WARN: THERE IS ANOTHER SYSTEM


Colossus had detected a Soviet system that was its counterpart. 

I’m facing a similar situation.  While Mark Murata is not as common a name as John Smith, there are a number of us out there.  One in particular uses his name for his URL on Blogger.  I haven’t read his blog, just some About Me stuff that lets me know he blogs about things like the CIA and conspiracies. 

THIS IS NOT ME.  As already mentioned, my name is not the most common around, so people surfing the net might assume he’s me.  What people, you ask?  Agents and editors I submit to, trying to figure out if I’m someone they’d like to work with for the forseeable future.  Of course I am.  See how friendly I look? 


1 comment:

  1. I have a very uncommon yet, but there is another Mary Pax out there, and damn her, she took my URL.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...