Monday, January 16, 2012

Battlestar Galactica Exhibit II

As I said in my previous post on the Battlestar Galactica Exhibit at the Seattle Science Fiction Museum, here are more pictures I snapped of actual props used in the series. 

What’s this approaching you out of a starfield? 


It’s a Cylon Raider—their equivalent of a jet fighter.  You can see part of its right wing sweeping upward.  Like the previous exhibits, this is life-size, several feet across.  


Here’s a different close-up.  (It’s unavoidable to include the scaffolding and the lit rope-line in this shot.)  Sometimes during the exhibit, they turn on the moving red dot that resembles an eye, complete with vibrating sound effect.  Kind of eerie.  


Below is a model of the Battlestar Galactica itself.  It’s true they often used CGI for the Galactica, but they also had this mock-up. 


A close up shows the name Galactica on the starboard flight pod.  Note the incredible level of detail. 


Another picture as it heads away from us. 


I’ll let you decide if this was a life-size model.  

I’ll have another post sometime in the future with contrasting views of the feminine in Galactica.  

3 comments:

  1. Don't suppose they had a replica of #6?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first they had wax statues of Number Six and Baltar. I hoped to have my picture taken with them, but they were already gone from the museum by the time I visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so jealous. I think I mentioned that in your previous post, but I'm still jealous. Just saying ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...