Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Short Story Submissions


Yesterday, I submitted a mashed-up fairy tale short story that I first wrote in 2006 to an online magazine. Today, I submitted a science fiction short story that mainly involves two characters that I first wrote in 2011 to another magazine. I had previously submitted them all over the place years ago. This year I looked them over, making some parts more terse or more detailed, but no real changes to the plot or characters.

Why did I think of them? In the TV show The Sarah Connor Chronicles, John Connor said a good piece of code is like a song—you can’t get it out of your head. That’s what writing a good story is like. Of course, my writing won’t bring about the end civilization. Or will it?



On a related concept, I can highly recommend the short story “The Rescue of the Renegat” by Kristine Kathryn Rusch in the January/February issue of Asimov’s Science Fiction. In the short form, she can really deliver a punch to the gut.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...