Thursday, June 4, 2015

Space is a Vacuum

Okay, summer blockbuster season is coming, and for some people the bigger the special effects, the lower the I.Q. they end up with.

What’s with those sound effects in space movies? They give people a distorted view of space. How many times has a movie set in space been nominated for an award for best sound effects?


public domain 

I once mentioned to someone who was attending the University of Washington that space is a vacuum.

He said, “No it’s not.”

I looked at him, thunderstruck.

He said, “I could hear the explosions in Star Wars.”

Dum dum dum.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree that many, many movies have plot holes, inconsistencies, and yes -- sound effects that have no business being there. In addition tot he space movies, I've seen a bunch of underwater monster movies where the octopus or shark or whatever roars. Most people don't notice. It's sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I could hear the explosions in Star Wars.” Haha! That made me laugh. Movies do give us false ideas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...