Thursday, September 22, 2011

Clock Dream (on Tuesday)

I wake up at 5:30 when my alarm goes off.  I allow myself to just lie there a few minutes.  

When I next wake up, it's 6:50, which means I'll be late for work.  

But when I go into the living room, I see a clock that shows it's 4:40, which means I woke up early and only imagined it was time to get up (which has happened before).  Different clocks show either the 6:50 or 4:40 time.  

I realize the two clocks that show 4:40 are both quartz -- I actually see the motion of the second hand on one of them as it ticks off each second.  Since these would be the more accurate clocks, I go back to bed.  

Then I wake up.  That whole bit of looking at different clocks had been a dream when I dozed off for a few minutes after waking up at 5:30.  The dream is over.  Or is it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...