Thursday, August 25, 2022

CT Scan

So I had a CT scan. If you don’t like the prospect of having a kidney stone, you might check out the National Kidney Foundation’s website.

While I was being slid into the machine, there was a dark piece of glass overhead that had a line of red light going through it that looked suspiciously like a laser. Sure enough, there was a little sign that told me not to look at the laser. That didn’t help. So I closed my eyes as I was slid in all the way.


public domain

What I didn’t know was that I would be slid in and out a few times. Then the images are processed by sophisticated algorithms to produce cross-sectional images of the body. Did it show that I had a kidney stone? That’s private. A good side result is that it showed my other organs were mostly without defect Mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...