Saturday, September 13, 2014

Richard “Jaws” Kiel Passed Away

Aw. Richard “Jaws” Kiel, who played that recurring henchman in the James Bond movies, passed away this week. I believe his only line was “Here’s to us,” as he clinked glasses with a girl with braces.

For those of you who like to watch reruns, he was also the alien in the Twilight Zone episode “To Serve Man.”


public domain

I would like to get his autobiography Big, but it was a limited edition and kind of pricey. I did find this line he wrote about himself, after getting free of all that alcohol that floats around in show biz:

“Not only did God deliver me from the bondage of alcoholism, he also blessed my family financially because of my commitment to honor what he had done for me and for not doing what I believed could possibly be destructive to others.”


So see you, Richard Kiel, presumably in the big and tall section of heaven. 

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet quote from a lovely man. I had no idea of his struggles. God rest his soul and Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...